Household Goods & Furniture freely offers used yet good quality household items to families or individuals in great need. To furnish at least 35 homes a week, we need a regular flow of usable and clean:
- Bed frames and mattresses
- Bed linens, sheets, and towels
- Chairs, tables, and dressers
- Dishes, kitchenware, and flatware
- Other furniture and household items
What We Accept
Please take the time to check the categories below and see what we can or cannot accept. We aim to make our clients happy with usable items. If you are unsure about your items, please contact us instead.
- DVD players
- Flat-screen TV
- Compact stereo systems
We can’t take DVDs, CDs, tapes, printers, VCR/VHS player computer monitors, stereo components, copiers, speakers, fax machines, phones, TVs without bases, wall TVs, and non-flat screen TVs.
- Armoires, bureaus, dressers
- Box springs and mattresses without rips, bunk beds, bed frames
- Cabinets, bookcases, sideboards
- Couches, futons, sofa beds
- Chairs (except office chairs)
- Tables (except glass stop): dining, kitchen, coffee
We can’t take items that are over 6.5′ wide or tall, hospital beds, water beds, loft beds, air mattresses, bean bags, desks, metal cabinets, file cabinets, office chairs, office furniture, and gaming tables.
- Baking items
- Cooking appliances
- Flatware, dishes, and glasses
- Pans and pots
We can’t take wine racks, stemware, glassware that has logos, and mugs.
- Blankets, sheets, comforters
- Curtains and rods
- Mattress pads
We can’t take blinds, customized window treatments, electric blankets, and shades.
We accept appliances that are not over 10 years in use:
- Air conditioners with a maximum size of 18 by 20 by 24 inches
- Electric dryers and washing machines
We can’t take cooktops, dishwashers, gas dryers, freezers, ovens, and stoves.
- Coffee makers
- Countertop microwaves
- Food processors and blenders
- Frypans and electric kettles
- Irons and boards
- Lamps (except halogen lamps)
- Sewing machines
- Vacuum cleaners
We can’t take air purifiers, built-in appliances, bread machines, coffee urns, catering equipment, dehumidifiers, fondue pots, deep fryers, humidifiers, pasta machines, appliances for personal care, and specialty appliances.
Please note that we can’t take in the following:
- Bicycles, books, and exercise equipment
- Clothing, food, and toys
- Items for the holidays
- Medical equipment
- Musical instruments
- Office furniture
- Recalled items
- Vehicle equipment
Every item donated should be light enough for two people to carry. Also, we have the right to reject any inappropriate item.