Become a volunteer at Household Goods & Furniture and take part in our success to help the community. Our opportunities are wide-ranged, and our time is flexible. It doesn’t matter how much time you can spare, we are glad to invite you to help us aid those in need. Please click here to sign-up.
The Vital Roles a Volunteer Fulfills
Here are some of the jobs a volunteer does:
- Crew – loads and unloads items from trucks (requirement: 18 years old and above).
- Driver – drives Household Goods & Furniture trucks to get donations (requirement: at least 25 years old with a clean record and a medical certificate)
Working shifts: Tuesday to Saturday from 8 AM to 12 noon or as needed.
Collaborate with Donors
- Donor assistants– thank and welcome donors, create receipts, and check items.
- Furniture helpers– unload items from vehicles and bring them over to the right location.
- Quality checker– screen appliances and furniture for cleanliness, quality, completeness, and working order.
Working shifts: Tuesday to Saturday from 8 AM to 12 noon.
Sort Donations or Do Workshop shifts
- Sort linens- assemble, measure, and label curtains, beddings, and towels.
- Sort boxes- assess all the items’ condition, categorize them, and deliver them to display or storage. Also, restock the showroom when needed.
- Workshop- repair some furniture and check the lamps (requirement: over 18 years old).
Working shift: Monday to Saturday from 8 AM to 12 noon; Tuesday for a workshop from 12 noon to 4 PM.
- Client aid– helps clients in the showroom and helps them find household items that perfectly fit their current needs.
- Furniture helpers– help clients and their assistants to bring furniture to their vehicles.
Working shift: MWF from 8 AM to 12 noon and TThSS from 12 noon to 4 PM.
Volunteering is one good way of spending your free time with a purpose.